torstai 26. tammikuuta 2012

Prices in Finland compared to America

I went to check out some stores yesterday here where man is living at. I hate that i´ve become so negative about shopping in Finland after i´ve spent my summers in the US. But i can tell you, the prices are ridicilous here, compared to what they are over the big water.
I can give you a few examples, so maybe you will understand better why i will not be talking about Aussie Shampoos or Calvin Klein/Guess clothes in my blog... Atleast you will NOT see me buy ANY in Finland.

I went to Sokos (this big department store here) and saw Aussie hair products up to 19 euros!! 19 EUROS, which in dollars would be almost 25. And yes, only for ONE SMALL bottle of shampoo. I seriously laughed when i walked out of there. I wonder if many people here know, that the aussie shampoo and conditioner, hair mousse, hair spray and heat protection that i always buy from America, actually costs me less ALL TOGETHER, than one bottle here. Yes, the most i´ve ever paid for Aussie shampoo was 3 dollars (a little less than 2 euros...). Ok, i get that you have to bring it here and all that. But come on, that is just overpriced.

And dont even let me get started about Guess. In Finland, (for some reason?) Guess is considered to be a great brand, and great are the prices too. You can seriously (im not joking) pay for a wallet over 100 euros! Earrings can cost you 50 euros and up. And the clothes, and bags, i wont even start.
Well let me tell you, i have bought a REAL Guess back, from a Guess store in St.Augustine malls in Florida for 27 dollars (Yes that would be under 22 euros!) and i bought earrings, from Guess also, for 7 dollars REGULAR PRICE (so about 5 euros if that..). Oh and Calvin Klein. Their clothes are on every sale rack in the US. I always bring my Mom some CK stuff (shirts mostly) from the outlet malls (yes people, REAL, original stuff) and i dont EVER pay more than 40 dollars for bunch.

And even some necessities, like a venus razor, that i use. 17.90 euros in Finland. 5.90 dollars in the US with extra razors. That just makes absolutely NO SENSE.

So even though i love shopping, i will definitely save my shopping for the summer. And only get what i really need from here. Now, after i got that off my chest i can admit that I did find a ring yesterday though.It was on sale, at Gina Tricot. It was still the price of a Guess one (ha ha ha) but i thought it was cute. What do you think?

Ps. i just realized that one of the black rocks on it is missing. So i guess theres no such thing as cheap and good in Finland! ;)

xxoo

1 kommentti:

Julia kirjoitti...

Ihana sormus! Ja muutenkin kiva blogi :)

http://pictureofmydreams.blogspot.com/