torstai 19. tammikuuta 2012

Nightmares

I had a horrible night last night. Its even hard to explain what it was. I kept waking up every few hours or less. I had nightmares but i cant remember what they were. I just know i felt uncomfortable when i woke up, my heart was beating fast. I had a million thoughts running thru my head:. The kind of "what if"-thoughts that i HATE: "what if i couldnt pay my rent and bills next month", "what if something really important comes in the mail while im gone", "what if something really bad happens" - weird thoughts that just came out of nowhere, and at midnight made me feel really strange and i just couldnt close my eyes.
Then when i finally forced myself to get up, drink some water and realize that everything is ok and its just restlessness, i felt ok..for a second.

At 4.30am this ridiculous noise got my attention. I guess in this building that man lives in, people start going to work at 4.30 and the last ones leave around 8.30. Yes, that is the time i was listening to them stomp in the hallway, talking and laughing extra loud, banging their doors, pulling the elevator door (if you do that, it makes this really loud bang sound) and ofcourse doggie, just couldnt stop barking, so i had to tell her to be quiet every other minute.
I dont normally ever complain about the neighbors making sounds, because i once had a neighbor,when i lived in Helsinki, who complained about everything (she turned out being mentally ill, so you can only guess what level she took her complaining, but anyway..) because when you live in an apartment building, you can not expect everyone being quiet and normal life causes noise, thats a fact. But the noise here this morning,geesh, do you really need to be that loud when you´re going to work people?? When i leave early in the morning, i go as quietly as i can in the hallway because i expect for people to be sleep. I definitely dont laugh out loud, talk really loud or bang my door.

Do you have any pet peeves when it comes to something your neighbors do?

What kind of nightmares or scary/annoying thoughts keep you up at night? and how do you deal with them? I would love to hear!


Now im going to watch Frasier on tv and lay down. Except that theres awesome basketball on tv tonight (well online for us since we´re not in the US) : Lakers - Heat game comes on at 3am Finland time, i know man is going to watch it. And i know he will not watch it quietly. So it might be one of those nights again for me..

xxoo

Ei kommentteja: